Contact us at:
To support parents, teachers, students, and administrators with curriculum, instruction, and assessment to improve performance across content areas to prepare all students for college and careers.
Canyons School District Principles for Student Achievement
- All CSD students and educators are part of ONE proactive educational system.
- Evidence based instruction and interventions are aligned with rigorous content standards.
- Data are used to guide instructional decisions, align curriculum horizontally and vertically, and allocate resources.
- CSD educators use instructionally relevant assessments that are reliable and valid, including screening/benchmarking, diagnostic, and progress monitoring.
- CSD educators make decisions based on student needs.
- Quality professional development supports effective instruction for ALL students.
- Leadership at all levels is vital.
Our time with students is limited and valuable. Every minute we spend with kids should be spent using the practices that are most likely to be successful. How do we know what's most likely to be successful? We look at the evidence.
What is Evidence-based?
Evidence-based practices demonstrate a strong, positive relationship between the practice and the improved outcomes through multiple, high quality studies.
High quality studies:
Observe measurable cause & effect outcomes
Have been replicated by others
Are peer-reviewed by experts in the field.